With so many steering wheel cleaners on the market today, you might ask, which is the best? Luckily, we have curated a list of the best steering wheel cleaners that will leave a gloss on your steering wheel.
This is the time to give back to your car and take proper care of it with these perfect cleaners that will meet your specific steering wheel needs.
- The Top 5 Best Steering Wheel Cleaners
- What is the Best Steering Wheel Cleaner?
- What Can I Clean my Steering Wheel With?
- How Do You Clean Steering Wheel Residue?
- Types of Steering Wheels
The Top 5 Best Steering Wheel Cleaners
For your auto care, you should have this spray-able leather cleaner on your speed dial. This product will add luster to any leather part of your car, including your steering wheel. You will also get a lot of value from this leather cleaner, making it a good value for money.
The leather cleaner will give you one of the most efficient cleanings whilst preserving your leather’s quality and durability. It does this by penetrating the leather’s pores to clean dirt and oils. With the addition of Vitamin E in the cleaner, your leather steering wheel will be nourished, which will also reduce damage.
You are also guaranteed no residue after cleaning. The steering wheel cleaner also comes with a subtle leather scent, giving your wheels not only a proper cleaning but also a pleasant smell.
The spray-able leather kit comes in 2-16 fl oz bottles: sprayable leather cleaner and conditioner. These two combine together to give you clean leather while maintaining its quality. The numerous positive customer reviews also make the product worth trusting and relying on. Its Amazon ratings are 30,484 reviews and a 4.6-star rating.
- Good value for money
- Keep smelling like new
- Comes with a leather conditioner that preserves leather’s strength
- Need a fair amount to totally remove dirt/grease spots
There is a difference between cleaners that just work and those that perform beyond expectations. You already know which category this cleaner falls into, and you are going to be awed by its efficiency! This surface cleaner works not only on leather surfaces but on multi-surfaces. How cool is that? You can have a one-size-fits-all surface cleaner with CarGuys All Purpose Super Cleaner.
This multi-surface sprayable cleaner is developed with the latest technological advancement – nanotechnology which effectively cleans dirt and grime at molecular levels. You can be assured of no residual dirt after using the surface cleaner.
The multi-surface cleaner effectively works on any exterior or interior surface besides glass. You can only imagine how much you can do with a bottle of this surface cleaner, which comes in an 18-ounce kit
In addition to providing a great product, they have more impeccable service with their return policy. If for some reason, you are not satisfied or happy with the product, you can reach out and ask for a full refund. Yes, you heard that right, a full refund!
Furthermore, the product was developed in the US and is made with the highest quality to give you the best cleaning experience. Its Amazon review number is 19,659, with a rating of 4.5 stars.
- Works on multi-surfaces
- Formulated with nano-technology to effectively remove dirt/grime
- Excellent customer service
- Has strong sweet smell that linger for days
This 18-ounce leather steering wheel cleaner kit is great for any type of leather surface, including your steering wheel. It prolongs the lifespan of your leather steering wheel and also revitalizes old leather with its effectiveness in getting out stains or dirt. The leather sprayable cleaner is made from premium chemicals of professional grade. Furthermore, it is made in the USA, which equates to a quality product.
The leather steering wheel cleaner comes with a microfiber towel for wiping off dirt and stains after spraying. If you dislike unpleasant odors on your steering wheel, this product is fragrange-free.
This product has 797 reviews on Amazon with 4.4 stars. In addition, the products also come with a refund policy, which provides a complete refund if you are not satisfied.
The product doesn’t come with a leather conditioner, which can be purchased separately and used alongside the cleaner. This might be the only downside of the product. Nonetheless, it is an excellent product that will guarantee you an exceptional cleaning session.
- Made from the highest quality ingredients
- Comes with a microfiber towel
- Fragrance-free odor suitable for sensitive users
- Provides complete refund for dissatisfied customers
- Need to purchase a separate leather conditioner
This is one of the best leather cleaners on the market today. The good news is that it will clean and restore more than just leather surfaces, but also vinyl and other plastic surfaces. Spraying this cleaner on your steering wheel, wiping it with microfiber, and applying the conditioner will bring a breath of fresh air to your car. It comes with the promise of restoring your steering wheel back to the way it was when you purchased your car.
The product will clean oil and dirt from your steering wheel, with the conditioner nourishing and adding sheen back to it. This product comes in a 16 oz cleaning bottle alongside a 16 oz leather conditioner, which will give you a safe PH-neutral restoration. It prevents your steering wheel or any other leather product from drying out or tearing from use.
The cleaner is made in the USA and provides customer satisfaction with its return policy. So, if you are not satisfied with the product, you can reach out to the manufacturers, and they will address your complaints. The product’s rating on Amazon is 4.7 stars with 1,240 ratings.
- Also suitable for vinyl and plastic materials
- Comes with leather conditioner
- Provides return policy for customer complaints
- Cleaning applicator is not included
If your vehicle has an Alcantara interior and microfiber seats, then this cleaner is just for you. It will clean and restore any dirty or matted Alcantara in your car. In addition, it also works effectively on upholstery and fabrics.
With this product, you can clean and restore your Alcantara surfaces and steering wheel covers to their initial vibrant color and feel. You only have to spray the surface with the cleaner, brush off the surface, and then clean it with a towel. Voila! Everything is new and sparkling!
As an added bonus, you can enjoy this product with a pleasant and clean smell. What more could you have asked for? The upholstery and Alcantara cleaner comes in an 8.45 fl oz bottle, giving you a great cleaning experience.
The product also has great reviews on Amazon with 1,779 customer reviews so far with a 4.7-star rating.
- Excellent choice for Alcantara steering wheels
- No overpowering odor
- A bit expensive for a smaller size
What is the Best Steering Wheel Cleaner?
The evidence points towards CarGuys All Purpose Super Cleaner. The steering wheel cleaner stands head and shoulders above the other cleaners, making it the best on the market today.
What is there not to like about this steering wheel cleaner? It has got everything, from an exceptional product to an even exceptional service offered by its brand. Thousands of customers also give testimony to how exceptional the cleaner is with its 4.5-star rating from thousands of customers’ reviews on Amazon.
What makes this steering wheel cleaner stand out is the fact that it is effective on multi-surfaces with no fear of damage. It doesn’t matter the type of your steering wheel, this product has got it covered. It works effectively on any interior or exterior surface besides glass. Hence, the list is endless! There are just a few products that can boast of this.
In addition, the product is developed using the latest technology. It is goodbye to old science and technology, with this product serving as the future of cleaning. Its nano-technology means dirt and grime will be gotten rid of at molecular levels, leaving no residuals.
It doesn’t get any better than this. If all you want is exceptional quality, efficiency, and a product that is going to meet and exceed your expectations, then you need to look no further than CarGuys All Purpose Super Cleaner.
Lastly, and equally important, this brand is headquartered in the USA and the product was developed in the States. This improves confidence in the product because quality is expected with the regulations and tests the product has to pass through before it is deemed to be ready for the public.
What Can I Clean my Steering Wheel With?
It is important to have your steering wheel cleaned as much as you do other interior and exterior parts of your car, if not more. The reason is simple. The steering wheel is the most used part of your car. Hence, it gets wear and tear due to consistent use and also attracts more germs, dirt, and food particles from your hands. The least you can do is pay more attention to the steering wheel and clean it from time to time.
Instead of having a professional clean your car, including the steering wheel, you can have it done all by yourself. This personal, DIY approach is also sustainable as you will be spending less in both the short and long term.
Interior Surface Cleaner and Microfiber Cloth
Interior surface cleaners, just like those we highlighted above, can be used to clean your steering wheel. It is best to spray the cleaner on the microfiber cloth and not directly on the steering wheel. Then you can proceed to clean the steering wheel by following its round shape and wiping it clockwise.
Interior Scrub Pad
An interior scrub pad can replace a microfiber cloth for tough, persistent stains on your steering wheel. You can spray the cleaner on the scrub pad and rub the steering wheel gently. You need to avoid scrubbing hard and be extra gentle on worn parts of the wheel.
Instead of a scrub pad, a toothbrush is gentler and can come in handy. You dip the toothbrush into the cleaner, then apply it to your steering wheel. This will also effectively clean up compounded grease and oil on the steering wheel.
Steam Cleaners or Machines
This is a non-chemical approach to disinfecting and cleaning surfaces and different parts of your car. However, this alternative might be more expensive than getting a chemical cleaner. You can use the steam cleaner by filling it with water and turning it on. You then proceed to spray the surface of your steering wheel.
After getting out the dirt, you can wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. You need to wipe gently, though; you do not want to ruin your steering wheel surface.
As much as you know what you can use to clean your steering wheel, it is important to know what you cannot use. Alcohol is not recommended to be used on your steering wheel, especially on leather. It can be tempting because alcohol is easily accessible to you, but it can cause your leather to dry out, age, or have discoloration. Other substances include bleach.
How Do You Clean Steering Wheel Residue?
There are different types of steering wheels, which makes their methods of cleaning slightly different. Nonetheless, there are some common tips you need to keep in mind when cleaning residue off your steering wheel.
The important steps are:
1. Select a cleaning solution that works best for your steering wheel.
2. Avoid spraying the cleaning solution directly on your steering wheel, but on the microfiber towel or cloth. This ensures no liquid gets trapped behind your dashboard or any part of your car.
3. Turn the microfiber cloth gently in a circular direction and focus more on where there is more dirt or stains.
4. Use another microfiber cloth to dry off the steering wheel after cleaning.
Types of Steering Wheels
After understanding these general tips, it is time to get into specifics on how to clean various types of steering wheels. Steering wheels are made from some of these materials:
To clean residue from your leather steering wheel, you will need a leather cleaner, a soft microfiber cloth, and a protective material for your steering wheel. The method of application and cleaning are these simple steps:
1. Shake and spray the leather cleaning solution on the microfiber fabric.
2. Scrub gently for a few minutes and wipe.
3. Allow the wheel to dry completely.
4. You can apply leather protective products on it which is optional. This further protects your steering wheel.
The simple steps to follow to clean your faux leather steering wheel include:
1. Spray regular cleaner or leather cleaning solution on microfiber fabric or soft cloth.
2. Wipe thoroughly until the wheel is clean.
3. Allow it to dry quickly to avoid an unpleasant smell.
The steps to effectively cleaning your plastic steering wheel are easy compared to leather. The only materials you need are liquid or regular soap, water, and dry fabric or towel.
1. Soak the towel in warm soapy water. Or you can make use of a brush.
2. Make sure the towel or brush isn’t overly wet and dripping all over the car.
4. Have an extra dry towel to wipe thoroughly.
5. Allow it to quickly dry.
All you need is regular soap, water, and clothes. You don’t need polish products because they will make the wheels slippery. The steps for cleaning your synthetic resin steering wheel are:
1. Use a dry cloth to clean the steering wheel.
2. Mix the water and liquid soap together, then pour them into a spray bottle.
3. Apply the cleaning solution to the microfiber towel or cloth.
4. Gently rub.
5. After getting the desired result, use a clean, damp cloth to clean the steering wheel.
6. Allow the wheel to dry off.
You will need a natural steering wheel cleaner or wood polish and a microfiber cloth to get the grit or dirt off your steering wheel. The simple cleaning process is:
1. Apply the cleaning solution to the microfiber cloth.
2. Gently scrub the steering wheel.
3. Clean the steering wheel with an extra dry microfiber cloth.
The three things you will need to clean an Alcantara steering wheel are a cleaner, microfiber fabric, and a brush. Here are the simple steps to follow for effective cleaning:
1. Apply the cleaner on the brush or directly on the wheels.
2. If you are spraying directly on the wheel, give it a few minutes before scrubbing.
3. Scrub gently with the brush after applying some cleaning solution to it.
4. Wipe it clean with the microfiber fabric.
5. Allow the steering wheel to completely dry.
The process of cleaning a vinyl steering wheel includes:
1. Wet a sponge and squeeze out the excess liquid.
2. Spray vinyl steering wheel cleaner on the wheel.
3. Wait for a few minutes, then scrub.
The steps to effectively cleaning your upholstery steering wheel are:
1. Clean the wheel with a microfiber towel.
2. Spray the towel with an upholstery cleaning solution or a multi-surface cleaner.
3. Thoroughly scrub to remove dirt, then clean the wheel.
4. Let it dry.
The steering wheel is filled with dirt, bacteria, oil, and other forms of residue. Knowing the right steering wheel cleaner is half the battle if you want to effectively get rid of grit, dirt, stains, or any form of residue on your wheel.
This article has provided you with answers to all your questions relating to steering wheels, which include the best steering wheel cleaner, what to clean with, and how to clean different types of steering wheels. With these car maintenance tips, you can give the best care to your steering wheels.